Congestion taxes in Stockholm and Gothenburg

In Sweden there is a system of congestion taxes in Stockholm and Gothenburg. The tax applies to vehicles registered in and outside of Sweden.

Hours and amounts for congestion taxes

Hours and amounts in Gothenburg

Hours and amounts in Stockholm

Vehicles registered abroad

Concerning vehicles registered abroad, the Swedish Transport Agency has entrusted a notification partner to identify the vehicle owners, send them invoices and receive payments via EPASS24.

Vehicle registered in Sweden

Via our e-service for congestion tax and infrastructure charges (in Swedish only) you can keep track of how many tolling stations your vehicle has passed and the invoices you need to pay.

In order to log on to the service you will need the vehicle registration number and the authorisation code or your digital ID (in Swedish: "e-legitimation"). You will find the authorisation code (in Swedish: "behörighetskod") on your registration certificate.

Congestion tax - show information

Paying the congestion tax

If your car is registered in Sweden, you can pay congestion tax in one of the following ways:

  • direct debit (in Swedish: "autogiro")
  • electronic invoice (in Swedish: "e-faktura")
  • payment slip

Read more about paying the congestion tax.

Exceptions from congestion tax

Cars, lorries and buses are all liable to congestion tax. However, emergency vehicles, EC mobile cranes and buses with a total weight of at least 14 tonnes, motorbikes and mopeds are not liable to the tax.

Help us improve!

Please leave a review at Your Europe.

Logotype Your Europe