Congestion taxes in Stockholm and Gothenburg

In Sweden there is a system of congestion taxes in Stockholm and Gothenburg. The tax applies to vehicles registered in Sweden and outside Sweden.

Hours and amounts for congestion taxes

Hours and amounts in Gothenburg

Hours and amounts in Stockholm

Foreign registered vehicle

If the vehicle is registered abroad, the Swedish Transport Agency has entrusted a notification partner to identify the owner of the vehicle, send out invoices to and obtain payments from the owner of the vehicle via EPASS24.

Vehicle registered in Sweden

Via our online service for congestion tax and infrastructure charges (in Swedish only) you can keep track of how many tolling stations your vehicle has past and the invoices you need to pay.

In order to log on to the service you will need the vehicle registration number and authorisation code or your digital ID (e-legitimation). You will find the authorisation code (Behörighetskod) on your registration certificate.

Congestion tax - show information

Paying the congestion tax

If your car is registered in Sweden, you can pay congestion tax in one of the following ways:

  • direct debit ("autogiro" in Swedish)
  • electronic invoice ("e-faktura" in Swedish)
  • payment slip

Read more about paying the congestion tax.

Regarding exceptions from congestion tax

Cars, lorries and buses have to pay the congestion tax. However, emergency vehicles, EC mobile cranes and buses with a total weight of at least 14 tonnes, motorbikes and mopeds do not pay the tax.

Are you satisfied with the information on this page?

Thank you for giving us feedback!